<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4208113789641769394?origin\x3dhttp://atrum-sanctifico.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 12:15 AM

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST...

... that I am going to ensure that I learn something new after every practice with regards to choral singing. I want to take away valuable experiences and knowledge that can be shared with many others. 'Others' here are targeted at the BBSS Choir which I love dearly. I can't stand the comments/criticism I see and hear about the choir, and realised that it is only my duty to share what I have learnt with them to bring them to a higher level - it's about time BBSS Choir get a Gold for SYF.

"Perhaps the reason is that your voice has seasoned, thus making it difficult to alter to one that is better now."

This was what my Tenor Sectional Leader, Kuek Jing told me. I felt down for a moment. Being seasoned here had turned out to be a burden and an insult. I feel indignant, very indignant. I am not glad that I have the all the techniques they can teach me and apply them to a certain level of excellence and yet not be able to attain the 'right' voice.

I've thrown everything I know and everything I've got and this is what I get - a dead end or rather, hopefully,  that I am merely just closing on to a dead end. Knowing everything, to a scientist, can be translated to receiving a death sentence as he would have nothing to follow up on, no knowledge to seek. I implemented the idea of support, the idea of lifting, the correct breathing techniques and Basil, Assitant Student Conductor, could hear that I know how to sing, I know my techniques, but yet there is still fault in my voice. I lacked the abstract "ring" (a.k.a. resonance) in my sound, I am airy regardless of how much support I put in.

I just totally feel indignant. As if knowing that almost everyone in J1 was Tenor sectional leader back in their secondary school wasn't hurtful enough. I want to work towards a better voice, but who is there to help me? I feel helpless. I am told that all I can do is to experiment. It translates into: finding the 'right' voice by trial-and-error - which I greatly detest ever since the first time my eyes set on it.

I haven't a choice I suppose. I am positive about it still and thus why I only compared it to that of nearing to a dead end. I'm hopefully of going beyond this dead end and reach a stage where I know that I will gain much more and feel proud of myself for. Not forgetting that I am doing this no longer in my own name, but carrying the honour of the BBSS Choir which I honour for my growth. I am always looking out for a chance to go back and share what I've learnt thus far with the choir.


THE WORD

NETWORK

::LINKS::

TRIO: Clara!& Sharon!
Hey! It's Cheryl!!
It's Chin Siang!!
It's Derrick!!
It's Estelle!
It's Felicia!
It's Jing Wen!
It's Yuxin!
It's Zhi Ting!
It's Nicholas! (AJ)
Twitter and Facebook SMS Updates
My Tumblr
My Poetry Blog
AJCHOIR BLOG
BBSS CHOIR BLOG
Old Blog (PRETERITUS/PAST)

Poet's Sanctuary

D'sgnr/Insp'rtn
01 02 03
Edited by: Me
TWITTER
CLERISTO...



Bio of the Cleristo
Photobucket


You know him, you think you do. But do you really know him?

HISTORY.
Preteritus: SCIENCE4FREAKS.
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
September 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
April 2013


MUSIC.


No Importa La Distancia - Anderson Junior College Choir by nicjoellim