<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4208113789641769394?origin\x3dhttp://atrum-sanctifico.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, April 28, 2010, 11:12 PM

VoyAJe 2010: Our Yesterdays


I had lots of fun on Monday night! Even though the performance was nothing near perfect, mainly vocally, I had fun. Confession: I was taken over by the crowd and had an adrenaline rush that lasted for 3 whole songs, resulted to the fact that I was unable to breathe and regulate my breathing properly, and singing properly and most importantly - in a composed manner. My body just simply refused to listen to me.

And so, I pretty much messed up the first 4 songs: Ave Maria, Toki Gong, Credo and Alleluia. I am glad that I wasn't overly muddle-headed to forget all of the choreo for Toki Gong; only forgot 1 of the actions luckily. However, I wasn't too lucky with Ave Maria, Credo, Alleluia. Despite the fact they were pure singing, non choreo songs, I wasn't able to sing properly and, most importantly, communicate the song with feelings properly. Vocally, I could barely project and sing properly, produce the right kind of song I should. Oh well.

Boy, am I glad that heat seamlessly entered my freezing cold hands and I gained composure and did better in the latter songs after SA Chorale's guest performance. Breathing was regulated, I was no longer trembling - more importantly my stomach didn't, and I was glad that survived through the last 3 songs for the first half! Hurray!

The second half was much more relaxing as I slowly gained full control of my body. I felt much at ease in the second half than during the first half. Westside Story was plain cute and fun, Autumn Leaves was depressing (comical when Bryan turned and smiled at us when he forgot his choreo. =X). Begin the Beguin, Tea For Two and In The Mood were pretty much a breeze. I sang my heart out for No Importa (la Distancia) for the encore too. I enjoyed myself pretty much throughout the whole concert, I guess that's what's most important.

However, just like what Basil said, we are still a long way from being ready for the Vienna trip. We have gotta buck up and trainned even harder. It's about 24 days from our flight. Good gracious! Time is running out indeed. I will continue to do my best and stay positive, and learn as much as possible within this short time.

Work hard, or we are screwed for the Vienna trip.


THE WORD

NETWORK

::LINKS::

TRIO: Clara!& Sharon!
Hey! It's Cheryl!!
It's Chin Siang!!
It's Derrick!!
It's Estelle!
It's Felicia!
It's Jing Wen!
It's Yuxin!
It's Zhi Ting!
It's Nicholas! (AJ)
Twitter and Facebook SMS Updates
My Tumblr
My Poetry Blog
AJCHOIR BLOG
BBSS CHOIR BLOG
Old Blog (PRETERITUS/PAST)

Poet's Sanctuary

D'sgnr/Insp'rtn
01 02 03
Edited by: Me
TWITTER
CLERISTO...



Bio of the Cleristo
Photobucket


You know him, you think you do. But do you really know him?

HISTORY.
Preteritus: SCIENCE4FREAKS.
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
September 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
April 2013


MUSIC.


No Importa La Distancia - Anderson Junior College Choir by nicjoellim