<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4208113789641769394?origin\x3dhttp://atrum-sanctifico.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, September 11, 2010, 9:36 PM

Alternative Rock

If you are to identify yourself by a genre of music, what would it be?

Personally, I would say I'm Alternative Rock, and I'm quite a big fan of Alternative Rock. Some say that Alternative Rock are for pussies (as in gays and/or guys that are weak), while I beg to differ. Alternative Rock, personally, is what I would identify as music that a mid-way between Pop and Rock, nothing too BANG, nothing to LOUD, nor solely BALAD-like or soothing to the ear.


I shall now idenify some bands that, if I'm not mistaken, are catergorised under this umbrella. I would say bands like Daughtry (One of my favourites), Hey Monday, Paramore, FM Static, Boys Like Girls, All-American Rejects, (maybe) Click Five (and) Coldplay, Faber Drive, and The Fray are alternative rock bands. Not too sure if my catergorisation is correct though (feel free to correct me if I am).

You would notice that Hey Monday and Paramore are the only two bands with female vocals, well yes you are right on that! I'll say that I'm underexposed to female vocals, and that would be due to fact that I prefer to listen to songs that I can SING along too.

Not to worry balad-lovers (or pop-music-lovers) out there! I still love ballads and pop! Awesome! Westlife, Backstreet Boys are still found on my Top 50 and Top 25 playlist!



Recalls...

that I still haven't done any revision today. DAMN!
that I still have another story to tell!

7th Lunar Month


Yeap! This is the next topic! The Hungry Ghost Festival! This story goes back to the time when I was in primary school, when I was still having tuition (for Science and English) at the A* tuition centre a block away from where I stay...

Back then whenever it was the Hungry Ghost Festival, after tuition I would fly pass the joss-sticks along the pathway as fast as I could and then when I come out of the lift, I would fly and make sure that when I run my footsteps can be heard, and in the lift I would chant "Amitabha". The reason as to why I would make sure I make as much noise (without disturbing the neighbours to the extent they would run out of their homes and scold me) was to let my presence be made known so that should anything happen to me surely someone would know, or so I believed.

But these years, unless I have been previously reminded, Hungry Ghost Festival would never be on my mind and life would just be how it would be usually without the month of August (assuming the Festival falls in August) being labeled as the 7th Lunar Month, or the Hungry Ghost Festival month. So I never really had to chant "Amitabha", and would constantly convince and remind myself that I'm an atheist so it doesn't make sense that I'm fearing something that I don't believe exist. But I guess to "belief" is better than not, it's the "play safe" attitude I guess, it's better to not cross the line in general.

Alright, I have to go. Shall do some work before I decide on playing DotA again. Sinning.. Ja-


THE WORD

NETWORK

::LINKS::

TRIO: Clara!& Sharon!
Hey! It's Cheryl!!
It's Chin Siang!!
It's Derrick!!
It's Estelle!
It's Felicia!
It's Jing Wen!
It's Yuxin!
It's Zhi Ting!
It's Nicholas! (AJ)
Twitter and Facebook SMS Updates
My Tumblr
My Poetry Blog
AJCHOIR BLOG
BBSS CHOIR BLOG
Old Blog (PRETERITUS/PAST)

Poet's Sanctuary

D'sgnr/Insp'rtn
01 02 03
Edited by: Me
TWITTER
CLERISTO...



Bio of the Cleristo
Photobucket


You know him, you think you do. But do you really know him?

HISTORY.
Preteritus: SCIENCE4FREAKS.
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
September 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
April 2013


MUSIC.


No Importa La Distancia - Anderson Junior College Choir by nicjoellim