<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4208113789641769394?origin\x3dhttp://atrum-sanctifico.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, December 6, 2011, 11:38 PM

I PROMISE
I promised an update by tonight and an update is what I will give. Alright, let's see... Where shall I begin? Yeap, Anderson Junior College Dinner and Dance 2011!

Truth to be told, much of the fun that I was kinda expecting never did arrive at D&D 2011. I was expecting the class (or rather the guys of 1210) to be enjoying themselves more during the D&D but everyone just either didn't felt the need to or refused to. All I'm glad is that at the least nothing ugly happened last night. Well, I'm glad that I managed to take some photos with some people that I'm more comfortable with and more familiar with, people like Zhi Ting, Akshaya, Angeline (Foo), Sue Yi, etc... Well, but of course I wasn't expecting much attention for myself since that would probably be unwanted and stuff so obviously there wasn't a crowd queuing up to take photos with me. I'm glad that I went for D&D still and I'm glad I didn't go for post-prom too. Certainly saved me from all the unnecessary trouble and problems that could possibly arise if I had went.

My life as a student in Anderson Junior College has come to an end, and I suppose it's only right I give it a little thought and mention about some thoughts and feelings I have of this college I have spent the last 2 years preparing for the A levels in, and the people I met.

First thing that come to my mind right now is AJChoir -- not a surprise at all, 'coz what I feel towards AJChoir is like a love-hate relationship. There were moments that I really enjoyed myself, particularly during Slovakia, and definitely towards the end of SYF, but there were moments that I simply felt out of place, neglected and miserable. Don't be mistaken, I'm very proud to be an AJChorister and I do love the choir, but like I said, this is much more complex than just loving and hating. It's just that perhaps, personally, 2 years just wasn't enough for me to open myself up and I just wasn't able to allow myself to mix around with others of my batch, it's a big group of people for one, and secondly everything was kind of a rush, and lastly, there definitely were some moments of disagreements and misunderstandings. And not forgetting, sometimes like normal human beings, we simply don't like each other for reasons that can't be explained. I do regret to some extent that my journey as an AJChorister has ended, that I'll not be able to better understand the people of my batch and be understood vice versa. Now I just hope that people wouldn't think too badly of me and that perhaps some day if we meet we'll still recognise each other. So yea, that's my thought of AJChoir. And I'm glad I chose to join the choir 2 years ago if not I wouldn't have learnt so much from the Choir from Mr Kwei and I wouldn't have gotten the experience of achieve 100/100 in a choral competition and a Gold with Honours. AJChoir, rock on! No Importa La Distancia! Seriously, why is AJChoir awesome? How many Singapore choirs do you know have such an awesome choir anthem, or a choir anthem to begin with? :D

1210!! I'm quite proud to be the class leader of 1210 at the end of these 2 years, despite some moments of unhappiness and disagreements -- hiccups are unavoidable after all. When I first joined the class of 1210, I just didn't feel at home just like with the AJChoir. It's a group of people I'm unfamiliar with and some people just gave me the feeling that it's not gonna be an easy journey cooperating with them initially. And even until the end of 2010, 1210 was still almost nothing like a class with Guys and Girls divided into two separate groups. This perhaps would be my greatest regret in AJ as I failed to fulfill my role as a class leader, and of course I simply wasn't a fantastic class leader in other areas too, which would explain why I didn't get the Class Leader Award. I'm glad that at the least, things didn't end up too ugly at the end of it all, and I promise that I'll try to find time to coordinate a class outing for 1210 by the end of this year! Well, so yea! 1210!! :D

I think I should apologise to my OG(32) for not being proactive enough to keep the OG spirit up and keeping us bonded (or sort of bonded) even at the end of these 2 years. I for one wasn't really keen on making an effort to make it happened, which makes me guilty and responsible for it in any case. If only there's something I can do about it... :/

Well yeap! There you have it, these are some of my thoughts on my life as an AJCian in the last 2 years! All that's left (excluding the potential meet ups as a class or during choir) is the collection of results in March next year! Trying hard not to think about it... As I'm leaving it all to the moment itself since I have already played my part and there's nothing I can do about it anymore!

NEXT, today's quite a tiring day! Went out for a buffet lunch with Derrick and the rest at The Cathay. I am once again reminded that I really need to walk around town area more often this holidays as I got lost on my way to The Cathay, finding myself at Cathay Cineleisure instead... Horrible Google Maps guided me to Cathay Cineleisure and made me took the train and walk between Dhoby Ghaut and Somerset like a fool, and sweat like a pig. Irritated much after I finally reached the correct venue. Nihon House wasn't too bad on the whole but it wasn't fantastic either, but I guess I enjoyed it still. After that, the guys and I we went to *scape and played at the arcade for 4 hours straight, inclusive a short session of pool. The are apparently having some kind of promotion with a buffet-like style of business whereby you pay a fix price to play endlessly on their game machines. For example, you can be playing Initial D or Daytona on and on for the whole 4 hours at a price $10 which isn't too bad I suppose. At the end of it all, I'm actually quite broke having spent close to $40 the whole of today, which reminds me of the need to find a job to earn some quick bucks so I may enjoy myself better this holidays and not be trapped at home doing almost nothing like a couch potato...

So yeap! I'm gonna end of here... You know where to go to keep yourself updated "first-hand" of my well-being -- my twitter feeds! Ja-


THE WORD

NETWORK

::LINKS::

TRIO: Clara!& Sharon!
Hey! It's Cheryl!!
It's Chin Siang!!
It's Derrick!!
It's Estelle!
It's Felicia!
It's Jing Wen!
It's Yuxin!
It's Zhi Ting!
It's Nicholas! (AJ)
Twitter and Facebook SMS Updates
My Tumblr
My Poetry Blog
AJCHOIR BLOG
BBSS CHOIR BLOG
Old Blog (PRETERITUS/PAST)

Poet's Sanctuary

D'sgnr/Insp'rtn
01 02 03
Edited by: Me
TWITTER
CLERISTO...



Bio of the Cleristo
Photobucket


You know him, you think you do. But do you really know him?

HISTORY.
Preteritus: SCIENCE4FREAKS.
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
September 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
April 2013


MUSIC.


No Importa La Distancia - Anderson Junior College Choir by nicjoellim