<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4208113789641769394?origin\x3dhttp://atrum-sanctifico.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, January 6, 2012, 10:17 PM

BBSS CHOIR SEC 1 AUDITIONS '12

Hmm I shall talk about the choir auditions briefly before I move onto my FIRST VOICE SESSION with Shaun this morning!

That was the first time I actually sat behind the keyboard to conduct the auditions, in the past, I'm usually the one standing outside the room helping to talk to the sec 1 kids to psycho them into joining choir, but my role changed this time round due to lack of hands. And I'm probably going to be doing the same thing on Monday for the girls audition. Oh ya, for the first time, the whole school actually held a much organised auditions and trials session for all sec 1s this year, in which all or most (that which I'm unsure of) is held on the same day. Furthermore, they are further separated into boys and girls, that is to say on Thursday it was only the boys.

At the end of the whole thing, me and Angela who were (sort of) in-charge of one station were found to have been too lenient and ended up giving too many ticks for the sec1 boys that we auditioned. While Ms Yee gave only like 5 ticks per class, we had about twice that number for each class we auditioned. Felt kind of bad at the end of it, inexperienced we kind of screwed up the auditions I guess... But with this failure, Monday's session should be better! So at least we wouldn't be committing the same mistake as we did on Thursday.

Besides that, I thought I felt and behaved like a little kid being back in the Music Centre, when I was not behind the keyboard/clavinova. I was joking around, clowning around quite a bit. I guess I really felt lively and free back there. But I felt kinda childish too, thinking back now. Perhaps I should take note of that on Monday, especially with Ms Clara being the teacher i/c on duty for Monday I might just be even crazier if I don't keep myself in check. But all in all, it felt good to be back in the Music Centre again. And I'm looking forward to tutoring them for the following Mondays (except the Monday that falls on Chinese New Year), in which I should probably be dressed more appropriately.. Which reminds me I should go locate my blazer later on or something, for I shall be needing that.

AND NEXT, I had my first voice session with Shaun (Lee) today! It was quite an experience and I'm pretty glad I'm sort of managing it and doing good progress. Truth be told, for a moment I felt a bit full of myself when Shaun said that when I did the G# the piano actually resonated/vibrated, but consciously I tried to subdue that inner demon inside of me. But yea, I'm rather proud of myself.

However, there's much to be done and I'm quite worried that while practicing at home between tonight and the next session, I might screw up and stuff and hence revert back to the old voice or whatnot, which would be nasty. Which is why, I actually tried to recall and note down the 4 things that Shaun mentioned in particular, in which he went through this morning.

That is...

OPEN,
RELAX,
SUPPORT,
PLACEMENT.

So hopefully with that I'll be able to practice at home without going back to the basics next session and slowly but surely become better in time to come. Well, guess that's about it for this post. Ja-


THE WORD

NETWORK

::LINKS::

TRIO: Clara!& Sharon!
Hey! It's Cheryl!!
It's Chin Siang!!
It's Derrick!!
It's Estelle!
It's Felicia!
It's Jing Wen!
It's Yuxin!
It's Zhi Ting!
It's Nicholas! (AJ)
Twitter and Facebook SMS Updates
My Tumblr
My Poetry Blog
AJCHOIR BLOG
BBSS CHOIR BLOG
Old Blog (PRETERITUS/PAST)

Poet's Sanctuary

D'sgnr/Insp'rtn
01 02 03
Edited by: Me
TWITTER
CLERISTO...



Bio of the Cleristo
Photobucket


You know him, you think you do. But do you really know him?

HISTORY.
Preteritus: SCIENCE4FREAKS.
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
September 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
April 2013


MUSIC.


No Importa La Distancia - Anderson Junior College Choir by nicjoellim